Sunday, September 18, 2016

Weavers #4


Image result for weavers 4 spurrier

Weavers, Issue #4 begins with the attempted suicide of the boss's mistress.  Fortunately for her, Sid Thyme shows up.  It's one of those things where the girl doesn't care enough about her life to stay away from the risk of death, but where she knows enough to do it when the guy she likes (Sid Thyme) might be there to save her.  Fortunately for both of them, Frankie, the boss's daughter, is around to help out.  Now they have to decide what to do with her.  And then there's still the mystery of the boss's sister and her untimely demise.

I definitely like Weavers more than I liked Si Spurrier's other recent series, Cry Havoc.  Weavers is on Boom! Studios instead of Image, and while I don't read as many Boom! Studios titles as I do Image, it's a solid outfit.  I do love my independent rags, but outside of the Big Two, there are some damn good comics.  Artist Dylan Burnett and Colorist Triona Farrell are also a highlight.  I particularly love the greens and the reds of the spiders.  This title has beautiful contrast, and everything seems to fit into place.  I really wish more people would read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment